Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 or PES 2018 was recently released and our review for the game is already out. While the football simulator performs great, one thing that has always held the PES series back is the lack of licensed teams and kits. The teams have strange names and their players wear different jerseys. While it’s not possible for Konami to get the official license for PES, thankfully it does allow for custom modding. So you can manually edit each model and bring it to life. But wouldn’t that be a tedious job? Well, fret not, since the modding community behind PES is quite active, they have brought a complete patch for your game. This patch updates the following features:
- Brings real name licenses to all Leagues and Competitions
- Adds real names to all teams (club and national)
- Brings real kits to all teams (club and national)
- Adds all missing teams in the Bundesliga
Sounds great doesn’t it? And what’s more, it is very easy to set up. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
note: Add custom data feature is only available on PC and PS4. Microsoft XBOX does not allow user to retrieve custom models from storage so there is no workaround for XBOX users. Once another workaround is found for XBOX users, this article will be updated accordingly.
Get Real Kits and Licensed Sets for PES 2018 on PS4
note: This method requires that you have a USB pen drive with at least 4GB storage capacity. Also, make sure the pen drive is formatted as FAT32.
1. To get started, Download PS4 PES 2018 Option File from here to your PC. Once done, Extract The contents of the RAR file.
2. Now that you have extracted the contents of the RAR file, insert your pen drive to your PC. Copy the “WEPES” folder to the USB pen drive.
3. After successfully copying the WEPES folder, remove the pen drive from your PC and plug it into your PS4. Run Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 game. Using the L1 and R1 keys on your DualShock 4 controller “Extras” tab and select “To organise”.
4. The system is from you edit a new data. If yes, just select yes and the system will generate a new Edit data for all user customizations.
5. After your edit data is created, you will be greeted with the Edit Menu. From here, choose “Data management”.
6. A new screen will now open for Data Management. choose “Import Export”.
7. Now select “Import Team”. The system will prompt you choose your storage device. Simply select the USB pen drive from which you copied the WEPES folder.
8. The screen will now show a list of all the teams whose data will be overwritten. Press “Square” button on your controller to select all teamsor manually select the checkbox next to the teams you want to update. When done, choose “Go to Advanced Settings”.
9. The screen will now show you the advanced settings for the update. Make sure of the options next to it. “Apply player and squad data” and “Overwrite image files with the same name” has control. leave “Choose the team to import data from” is unchecked. When done, choose “OK”.
10. The system will now start updating all team names. Once complete, you will be returned to the Import/Export page. Now, choose “Import Competition”and repeat the previous two steps.
11. Once complete, the system will notify you that it has finished importing data. And that’s it. Go to create a match to see the new changes applied.
Get Real Kits and Licensed Sets for PES 2018 on PC
1. To get started, Download PS4 PES 2018 Option File from here to your PC. Once done, Extract the contents of the RAR file.
2. Now that you have extracted the contents of the RAR file, Copy the “WEPES” folder with “C:\Users\%username%\Konami\Pro Evolution Soccer 2018” file.
3. After doing this, Start your PES 2018 game. Go to: “Extras” tab and select “To organise”.
rest of the process Similar to the process on PS4. Simply follow the guide. steps 4 to 11.
SEE ALSO: 6 Best Hamachi Alternatives for Virtual LAN Gaming
Get All Real Kits and Licensed Kits in PES 2018
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 is one of the best soccer games ever made. While the gameplay is great, the lack of real team names and jerseys is proving to be a deal breaker for some users. Well, thanks to the modding community, it’s now possible to upload real team names and kits to the game. My PES 2018 looks better than ever thanks to the mod mentioned above. I am enjoying the new look of El Classico. But what about you? Let us know your reasons for installing the PES mod in the comments section below.