ASUS Eee Pad Transformer with optional MobileDock Keyboard provides incredible battery life: up to 16 hours on a single charge with two connected. Unfortunately, when docked, the tablet’s battery drains at a rate of two percent per hour when the tablet is in standby mode. ASUS responded to requests for a solution saying they had already fixed it, but users were unaware.
According to the company spokesperson, here’s how to fix the problem with your fully up-to-date Transformer. Publish to XDA.
First, make sure you have the latest versions of tablet and keyboard firmware installed. You can check it by doing the following:
- go and then
- Look where you should see a series of numbers and letters.
- Look for 184.108.40.206 or later – the latest build is 220.127.116.11, but this option was added in 18.104.22.168.
- Look where you should see a number ending in 0209, which is the latest version of the keyboard firmware.
- If neither of the previous two build numbers are correct, scroll to the top of the page and check for software updates.
- If Software Update doesn’t find new versions, go to: download page For Transformer, go to ASUS and look under Firmware from Other OS page and install using given instructions.
You are now ready to turn on the battery saver feature. and go to . Search for the item and put a checkmark in the box. This much!
ASUS claims this option turns off a potentially useful feature on some systems, so be careful. The dock should wake the Transformer from sleep by pressing any key. When the option is checked, the keyboard wake-up feature will no longer work on some older MobileDock. I tested it with mine and luckily even though the feature is checked, mine still wakes up the tablet with a key press. If yours doesn’t have it, you can have ASUS replace it according to the notes on the product box. XDA Developer Forum where we found this helpful tip. This includes shipping the keyboard to ASUS under an RMA (Return Manufacturer Authorization).
If the battery saver feature breaks the keyboard-press wake-up feature for you, you can still wake the device with the power button. It may not be that convenient, but it may be more convenient than returning your MobileDock to ASUS.