If you’re used to working long hours in front of your computer until late at night, you may have noticed that the strain in your eyes is real. lux on Windows to avoid this, and if you’re an iOS or Mac user, you’ve probably used Night Shift. With the release of Windows 10 Creators Update in April, Microsoft has made the job much easier by introducing a nifty new feature called Night light, which aims to reduce user eye strain by filtering out the blue light emitted from the screen. This feature is built right into Windows 10 and works better than f.lux. Well, without further ado, let’s take a look How to set up and use Night light in Windows 10:
Enable Night Light in Windows 10
note: Night light It’s a feature introduced in Windows 10 Creators Update last year, so you need to have it installed before proceeding with the whole process. I tested this feature on my laptop running Windows 10 Build 1703 Insider Preview.
Night light can be easily enabled in Windows 10 settings. To open it, simply follow the steps below:
- go start menu and click the gear icon so you can go. “Settings”.
- Now, click “system” section to go to system settings.
- Once in the system settings, you will be able to: hungry night light inside “view” episode.
Customize and Schedule Night Light
By default, the night light is programmed to automatically turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise, depending on your area. Also, there is a preset color temperature for Night Light. However, you can easily change these settings according to your preferences by following the steps below:
- to jo “Night light settings” just below to customize it according to your preferences. You will see a slider for adjust night color temperature it’s entirely up to your preferences, so this will be the color temperature to use the next time you turn on the Night light. You can also turn on the Night light immediately by clicking the “ button without waiting for the preset time.Open now”.
- There is also the option to Program the night light. If you want to completely disable the timing, simply move the slider to turn it off. If you want to customize the program according to your needs, click “Set hours” and just choose your preferred opening and close time.
Well, that’s it, as now the Night light will automatically cycle according to your preset time interval. When Night Light is turned on, you will see a warmer color temperature come into play, which emits blue light from the screen and is much easier on the eyes.
SEE ALSO: How to Use Game Mode in Windows 10
Prevent Eyestrain with Night Light in Windows 10
Nightlight is Microsoft’s attempt to help people reduce eye strain caused by long hours of use in front of their computers, especially late at night. It works like a charm as you’d expect, and it’s now up to you to take full advantage of what Microsoft has to offer. We strongly recommend that you keep this feature enabled on your system. So, have you already used the Night light feature on your Windows 10 machine? Let us know what you think of this nifty feature by dropping a few words in the comments section below.