The startup sound has always been an iconic element in operating systems to quickly identify the operating system version. After mocking the arrival of a new startup sound slow motion remix Of all the Windows startup sounds to date, Microsoft has chosen to bring back the startup sound in Windows 11. If you haven’t heard it yet, listen to the soothing and short new Windows 11 startup sound here. Now, if you don’t like this sound or if you are someone who prefers to wake their computer silently, here is how you can disable the startup sound in Windows 11.
Disable Startup Sound in Windows 11 (2022)
We have added three methods to mute the startup sound in Windows 11. Needless to say, the easiest way to disable the Windows 11 startup sound is through the Settings app. That said, let’s move on to the necessary steps to do this.
Disable Windows 11 Startup Sound from Sound Settings
- Open the Settings app using the “Win+I” Windows 11 keyboard shortcut, switch to the “Personalization” tab from the left sidebarand select “Themes”.
2. Click “Sounds” from the theme settings screen.
3. When the “Audio” dialog box opens, Uncheck “Play Windows Startup sound” choice. Windows 11 will no longer play the new startup sound when you turn on the computer.
Stop Windows 11 Startup Sound from Group Policy Editor
Another way to disable the Windows 11 startup sound is with the Group Policy Editor. While Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is available by default in Pro, Enterprise and Education editions of Windows 11, you can choose to enable Group Policy Editor in Windows 11 Home Edition from our linked guide. Having said that, here’s how to do it:
- Press the Windows key, type “run” and click “Open” from the search results.
2. When the Run box appears, Type “gpedit.msc” and click “OK”.
3. Now navigate to the following path and Double click on “Turn off Windows Startup sound” in the right pane.
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon
4. From the popup that appears, Select “Enabled” and click “OK” or press “Apply” to confirm the changes. After doing this, restart your computer and you will no longer hear the Windows 11 startup sound.
Turn off Windows 11 Startup Sound from Registry Editor
1. Press the Windows key, type “regedit” in Windows Search and click “Open”.
2. Navigate to the path shown below and Double click on “DisableStartupSound” in the right pane.
3. By default, the value data will be set to “1”. change it to “0”Click “OK” and reboot the machine to silently forward your Windows 11 system forward.
Easily Mute Startup Sound in Windows 11
While most Windows fans appreciate the resurgence of the startup sound in Windows 11, you can choose to turn the sound off in case it bothers you or messes with your workflow. For more such tips, be sure to read our article on the best Windows 11 settings you should change for a better experience. You can also speed up Windows 11 and make it faster by following the steps in our linked guide. Anyway, if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.