Like most other online social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and others, Clubhouse offers the option to deactivate or delete your account on both your iPhone and Android device. You can also disconnect your social media profiles from Clubhouse. Corporate (or paid) account holders can delete their organization or specific business from Clubhouse, but that is beyond the scope of this article.
Delete Clubhouse Account on Android and iOS (2021)
In this article, we will show you how to delete or deactivate your Clubhouse account on Android and iOS. We will detail the necessary steps to permanently delete your Clubhouse account and all data associated with the voice-based social platform. We’ve also covered this foundation if you want to learn how to unlink social media profiles and delete contacts in Clubhouse. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Steps to Permanently Disable Clubhouse Account
Deleting your clubhouse account is the same on Android and iOS. We will show you the steps to delete or disable it on an Android device. Therefore, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Clubhouse app and tap your profile avatar in the upper right. At that time, tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the next page to open the settings menu.
- On the Settings page, tap on “.Bill“. Next, “Inactive account” to activate the delete operation.
- You will now see Clubhouse’s standard warning about account deactivation and what it means for your account. We recommend that you read before touching the “ icon.Understood. Inactive accountPress the ” button at the bottom to confirm your action.
How to Delete Clubhouse Account on Android and iPhone
When you deactivate your Clubhouse account, it is completely hidden within the app. The company says you can log back in in 30 days to restore or reactivate. If you choose to do this, your account will return to normal and become visible to others in the app. If you do not log in again within these 30 days, Clubhouse will delete your account completely.
How to Delete Clubhouse Data
Although the process described above will prevent you from accessing the account, Clubhouse will continue to store your data. This is because although other social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and TikTok allow users to delete account data from app settings or websites, Clubhouse has no such provision.
The only way to permanently delete your data as of June 2021, Request clubhouse support for a complete deletion manually.
How to Verify Email Identity in Clubhouse (Android, iOS)
Be sure to verify your email address before requesting deletion of your account. Clubhouse only deletes an account with a verified email id. Here’s how you can verify your email id in Clubhouse:
- Open the Clubhouse app and tap your profile avatar in the upper right corner. If you haven’t verified your email id yet, you’ll need a “@” icon (with red dot). Tap this to start the verification process.
- Now enter your email id in the popup dialog and tap on “.Verify“. You will now receive an email with a verification link. Tap on it”OK” to close the popup.
Check your email inbox and click the verification link to verify your email identity. You can now send an account deletion request to Clubhouse support using the link above.
How to Remove Social Media Profiles from Clubhouse Account
If you want to unlink your social media profiles from the app, you do not need to delete your Clubhouse account. You can remove your social media profiles from your Clubhouse account by following the instructions below.
If you have linked your social media profiles with Clubhouse, “disconnect from twitter” or “disconnect from Instagram” By going to Settings -> Account -> Disconnect Twitter/Instagram.
Easily Delete Clubhouse Account From Your iPhone or Android Device!
Until a few weeks ago you had to email Clubhouse to delete or deactivate your account. However, the company has drastically simplified the process with a recent update and you now have the option to do this from the settings. So go ahead, deactivate or delete your Clubhouse account and let us know what exactly you don’t like about the app. While you’re at it, go ahead and check out other popular Clubhouse alternatives, or learn how to use Twitter Spaces to better engage your followers.