Sometimes the watchOS software update fails to install on the Apple Watch. While the main culprit for the unfortunate installation of software update on Apple Watch is usually a poor internet connection, congestion and system failure are no less responsible. When I set out on this path, the first thing I do to fix the “watchOS software update cannot be downloaded and installed” issue is to delete the Apple Watch software update file. Most of the time, it does the trick for me in solving the problem. Let me show you how it works:
Unable to Download and Install Software Update on Apple Watch? Here’s the Fix
You can delete the watchOS software update from both the Apple Watch and the paired iPhone via the Watch app. So, if the software update fails to install on your Apple Watch, follow along to get rid of it so you can go to the fresh install.
Uninstall watchOS Software Update File on Apple Watch
- start Settings app On your Apple Watch.
2. Now, tap on General.
3. Next, tap on it. Use
4. Next, tap on Software update.
5. Now, tap on To delete.
5. Finally, tap on . To delete again to confirm that you want to remove the Apple Watch software update.
Delete watchOS Software Update File Using Watch App on iPhone
Getting rid of the Watch app from the update file is likewise obvious.
- Hungry watch app on your iPhone.
2. Now, make sure My Watch tab It is selected in the lower left corner of the screen.
3. Next, tap on it. General.
4. Next, scroll down and select Use
5. Next, tap . Software update.
6. Tap on To delete. Make sure you tap on it. To delete again to confirm.
- After deleting the update file, you can start fresh installation of the software by going to Settings app -> General -> Software Update.
- You can also update the software using the Watch app -> General -> Software Update.
Easily Get Rid of Apple Watch Update File
So this is how you can remove the watchOS software update from your Apple Watch. Save this hack for those times when the update installation failed and you want to start over.
We’ve created a detailed guide on common Apple Watch issues and possible fixes. So, if you want to have some reliable fixes to get rid of common watchOS issues, check out that post. By the way, do you have any questions or feedback on this topic? Be sure to pull it off in the comments section below.