Just as launchers define an Android smartphone, watch faces are the soul of Wear OS smartwatches. It not only gives your watch a distinctive look, but also allows you to perform multiple operations from a single screen. First of all, you need to choose the right watch face and further customize it to get more features on the home screen. So, if you want to learn how to customize the watch face in Wear OS, follow our simple tutorial below.
Customize Watch Face on Wear OS (2021)
1. Touch and hold the current watch face (home screen) and you will be taken to the watch face menu. You can also open Settings -> Display -> Change watch face To find the watch face menu
2. Here you can swipe left and right You can simply tap any of the Watch faces to discover all the watch faces available on your Wear OS watch, and it will become your default watch face.
3. However, if you want to get the most out of a watch face, then look into a watch face. gear icon below. It allows you to further customize the watch face in Wear OS. Tap on it to open the customization options.
4. As you can see, here I can touch the circular widgets and set everything I want From the widget menu. For example, I set up a one-tap shortcut for a contact, dialer, Google Keep, and Google Assistant. You can touch each widget and change the shortcut easily. Besides that, you can swipe left and right to find more color options.
5. For your information, you will find shortcuts for the following applications: General -> Application Shortcut in the widget menu. As for Google Assistant, you have to select “Search” from the widget menu. You can also remove a widget by tapping on “Empty”.
6. If you want to test how watch face view in ambient mode then go ahead and enable “Always on display” from Settings -> Display.
7. In case you are looking for more customization options Then I recommend you to get the best watch faces for Wear OS from our curation. After that, you can follow the same steps as above to customize the watch faces.
Add Widgets and Shortcuts to Customize Watch Face on Wear OS
This is how you can quickly customize the watch face in Wear OS. If your watch’s battery life is already low, I recommend not enabling the Always-on display. Apart from that, if the weather widget is showing information from an incorrect location on Wear OS, you can follow our linked guide to fix it. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you run into any problems, comment below and let us know. We will definitely try to help you.