Personalization is what you need to fine-tune your iPhone to your liking. While it may not be a big deal to some, those with a passion for customization take it big time. That’s why they never fail to jailbreak their iPhone to access exciting special features using crazy tweaks. If you were a part of this folklore, you would be glad to know that you can now create custom home screen widgets on your iPhone in iOS 14. And that without having to go through the pain of jailbreaking your device.
Create Custom Home Screen Widgets in iOS 14
So how do you create custom iOS 14 home screen widgets on your iPhone? As of now, Apple doesn’t offer much customization for stock widgets. However, I expect them to evolve over time and open the door for customization.
But don’t bother, that’s where third-party widget apps come into play. You can use them to create great looking home screen widgets for your iOS device.
- The Best Third-Party Home Screen Widgets for iPhone and iPad
- Make Custom Home Screen Widgets Using Widgetsmith on iPhone and iPad
- Add Third-Party Widgets to Home Screen on Your iOS 14 Device
The Best Third-Party Home Screen Widgets for iPhone and iPad
Currently, there are not many apps that allow you to create custom home screen widgets, but the number is growing rapidly. Among the handful of options on the App Store, these are the ones that caught my eye.
- tools (Freein-app purchases available)
- Color Widgets (Freein-app purchases available)
- Widget Wizard ($1.99)
All of them are very easy to use and offer many home screen widgets that you can customize to your liking. So, download any of these apps to get started.
In this guide, I will try Widgetsmith. It’s worth noting that the custom widget creation process in these apps is pretty similar. So you will not face any hindrance while preparing some of the great ones for your device.
Make Custom Home Screen Widgets Using Widgetsmith on iPhone and iPad
- Start widget master on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now, choose widget you want to customize
3. Next, choose from Lots of tools to customize your widget. For example, you can use location, reminders, or even images to make your widget stand out. After customizing your widget, tap on it. back button in the upper left corner of the screen.
4. Next, tap on save in the upper right corner of the screen.
Add Third-Party Widgets to Home Screen on Your iOS 14 Device
- Touch and hold blank screen Tap on your device and then tap . “+” button in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. In the widget library, scroll down to find widget master and then select it.
3. Now, preferred size of the widget and then tap on Add Widgets button.
That is all! Yours custom widget will appear on the main screen.
Make Great-Looking Custom Home Screen Widgets in iOS 14
So you can create beautiful looking custom widgets for your home screen. While Apple may be a little late to the home screen widgets party, the tech giant has shown a lot of intent in opening the door for customization.
Like I said, it may not rank high for everyone, but it’s something many would love to have. While talking about iOS 14, be sure to check out other equally interesting articles for creating unique app icons to give the iOS 14 home screen a special aesthetic, sorting images and videos in the Photos app, creating Shortcuts folders, using sleep tracking. and more.