WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most popular instant messaging app. Various communication tools it offers to connect with loved ones include text chat, voice call and video calls. Another easy method of communication is to send a voice message. While it’s quite a useful feature, it can sometimes be difficult to actually listen to a voicemail. You can be in a meeting or a public place without headphones and not risk playing the voicemail out loud. Wouldn’t you like to have a way to convert it to plain text when needed? Well, we have exactly what you want. Read on as we bring you our guide. How to convert WhatsApp voice messages to text on Android:
Convert WhatsApp Voice Messages to Text on Android
note: I tried the following method on my Moto G4 Plus running Android 7.0 and the method worked just fine.
- Download and install the APK to get started Converter for WhatsApp from here on your device.
- Open the app and swipe through the various greeting cards. Tap on “Completed” in the lower right corner to continue.
- Now that Transcriber is installed, open the WhatsApp chat with the audio message you want to convert. Tap and hold the voicemail At that time, to choose tap share icon in the top bar. From the list of options that appear, Choose “Transcript”.
- And that’s it. The app will now automatically convert audio from voice memo to text and display it on the screen.
note: Only the following languages are supported at the time of writing – English, Italian, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Russian. More language support will be added soon.
Convert WhatsApp Voice Messages to Text on iOS
note: I tried the following method on my iPhone 6S running iOS 11 Beta and it worked just fine.
- Now, open the Voice to Text app for WhatsApp and allow to access speech recognition
- Now that you have given the necessary permissions, go to your WhatsApp chat. Tap and hold the voice memo you want to convert and choose “Next”. After doing this, Tap the “Share” icon bottom right.
- Finally, in the drop-down list of options, Select the “Audio to Text” option. And that’s it. The app will now automatically convert voice memo to text.
SEE ALSO: 15 Cool WhatsApp Tricks You Should Use
Easily ‘Read’ Your WhatsApp Voice Memos on Android or iPhone
WhatsApp voice messages are useful when you are too lazy to type or are bothered by buggy autocorrect on your device. However, there are times when you cannot listen to the voice memo and you have to ask your person to write down the entire content. At such times, the above methods will come in handy. I regularly use the apps mentioned above when I am in a meeting. But what about you? Where do you intend to convert your WhatsApp voice memos to text? Let us know in the comments below.