Sometimes you are watching a movie or show on your Fire TV Stick, the streaming quality drops a bit. The effect is minimal but if you look closely you will see pixelation and blurriness on your screen. This is where you want to know if your Fire TV Stick is streaming content in 4K, 1080p or 720p. Unfortunately Netflix, Prime Video, HBO etc. Streaming apps like don’t let you see advanced metrics like resolution, bitrate, frame rate and more. So, if you are looking for a way to check the actual streaming resolution on Fire TV Stick, here is what you need to do.
Check Real Streaming Resolution on Fire TV Stick (2021)
1. First of all, hold down the “Alexa” button on the remote and press “Developer Tools Menu“. It will take you to the setup page. Click “Download” to install the app on your Fire TV Stick.
2. If the Developer Tools Menu is not visible on your Fire TV Stick, you can: install the app from the web additionally. open this link and click “Deliver”. You will need to sign in to your Amazon account. This will install the app on your Fire TV Stick remotely.
3. After the application is installed, you will find it under. Appstore -> All Your Apps. Open now.
4. Here, “Advanced options” toggle and a screen overlay will appear in the upper right corner.
5. Then, “Launch Configuration Panel“.
6. Here, scroll down and disable “Audio Focus Stack“.
7. Now go back and play a video in any app. In screen layout, Find “Resolution” this is the actual streaming resolution playing on your Fire TV Stick. If it shows 1920×1080 it means the resolution is FHD, similarly 3840×2160 means 4K and 1280×720 HD. Remember, this is the real one, not the upgraded resolution.
8. If you want to turn off the overlay, open the Developer Tools Menu and Disable “Advanced Options”. This much.
Control Netflix, HBO, Disney+ Streaming Resolution on Fire TV Stick
So you can tell if Netflix, HBO or any other streaming app is playing 4K content. The best part about this method is that even if your TV has upscaled 1080p content to 4K, it will still show you the true resolution i.e. 1080p. So whenever you doubt that you are not getting the best visual experience, be sure to check the actual streaming resolution on your Fire TV Stick.
Anyway, that’s it for us. Check out our linked guides for more Fire TV tips like sideloading apps on Fire TV, remapping app buttons on Fire TV remote, accessing Google Play Store on Fire TV, and more. And if you found the article helpful, let us know in the comment section below.