How to Check iPhone Battery Charge Cycles

Whether you’ve noticed an unexpected battery drain issue on your iPhone and can’t find what’s bothering the device, or are wondering if the battery is good enough to provide peak performance, checking iPhone battery cycles can clear your doubts. Like everything else, the iPhone’s battery wears out over time. When it becomes too weak to handle tasks with the same efficiency, you may notice a significant slowdown in speed and a drastic reduction in battery life. In some cases, the worn-out battery can even cause the iPhone to randomly turn off. Fortunately, you can check your iPhone’s battery cycle count to find out if the battery is ready to be replaced.

How to Check Your iPhone’s Battery Cycle Count

Understanding iPhone’s Battery Cycle Count

Wondering what the battery cycle is? Cycle counting means draining all of your battery’s power and then fully recharging it.

If you plug in your iPhone to charge even when it still has not enough battery left, will it still be called a single cycle? No!

Let’s say you charge your iPhone up to 100% and then use up 70% of the battery before plugging it back in for charging. Now, your next number of cycles will only start after the remaining 30% battery has been depleted.

How Long Can iPhones Deliver Peak Performance?

According to Apple, iPhone batteries can retain up to 80% of their original capacity over 500 full charge cycles under normal use. Note that the actual scenario may vary depending on the tasks your iPhone is performing.

The problem starts when the number drops below 80%. And things like longer app launches, slower frames, and slow performance tend to become the norm. This is a clear indication of a worn out battery that needs replacing.

Find Out Your iPhone’s Battery Cycle Count

1. Start Settings app on your iPhone and select tap on Privacy.

In relation :  How to Use an Android device as a 2FA Physical Security Key

2. Then scroll down and Analytics and Improvements.

Analytics and Improvements

Next up, close Analytical Data.

Tap on Analytics data Next up, you should see a list of several files in alphabetical order. Scroll down to find the named “daily collected” files and tap on it. Make sure you select the most recent log.

Tap the collected log

5. Then long press the screen to access the iOS selection tool. Now, select all the text of this file. To do this, drag the small handle all the way to select all the text, and then copy.

Select analytics data

6. Now, Start the Notes application on your device and then navigate to the note where you want to save the file. After that, long press the screen and select Paste.

Paste the file

7. Next, tap on . share/menu button Then, select it to bring up the share sheet Find in Note (Also known as Control/Command+F we use on PC).

Tap on Find in Note

8. Next, enter the number of battery cycles in the search bar. Be careful not to leave spaces.

Check battery cycle count on iPhone

Request! Check out the battery cycle count of your iPhone that appears below the highlighted text.

Battery cycle count on iOS

Note: If you have not enabled iPhone data analysis on your iOS device, “daily collected” files may not appear.

As you can see in the screenshot, my iPhone 11 has completed 110 battery cycles considering how heavily I use it for games and apps that require plenty of horsepower.

Track Your iPhone’s Battery Cycle Count

Thus, you can understand the total number of battery cycles of your iPhone. Given how important this feature is for monitoring battery health, Apple needs to offer a quick way to track cycle counts without having to take a detour.

Do you have any feedback you want to share with us? Feel free to shoot in the comments below.

Moyens I/O Staff has motivated you, giving you tips on technology, personal development, lifestyle and strategies that will help you.