A large number of applications are released on the Play Store every day, but only a few of them manage to attract attention. However, it is quite annoying when a cool new app is trending and you realize that it is not available in your country. You can always install an app via the APK file, but there is also a way to install apps that are not available from the Play Store and that requires you to change your GPS location. Changing or Spoofing your GPS location takes a few steps and we are here to tell you.
Before we begin, it’s important to know that you can do a lot more than just spoof your location and install unavailable apps.
Uses of Fake GPS Location
- To use apps that require you to be in a different country.
- Access content such as videos or articles that are not available in your country.
- Trick people into thinking you’re in a different place on social media.
- Avoid ads targeting your region.
Now that you know the various uses for spoofing your GPS location on an Android device, let’s get started. You will need an app that spoofs GPS location and here are some apps you can use to do this:
Fake GPS Location Apps on Android
There are several “Fake GPS” apps available on the Play Store, but the two we think are the best are:
1. Fake GPS Location Spoofer
Fake GPS Location Spoofer is a very simple application that allows you to change location with ease. The app’s home page shows a map with your current location. You can choose to view the location in Map or Satellite mode. The application allows you to make a specific search. location by name or GPS coordinates. You can double tap on the map to select a location, and after selecting the location, you can hit the play button to start faking your location.
To organise: (Free)
2. Fake GPS
Unlike the Fake GPS Location Spoofer application, which has a rather old interface, the Fake GPS application modern interface. The app brings different types of maps like Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, OpenStreet Map and normal map. You can search for a location by address or zip code. Apart from that, the app provides location history, animated alert, favorite locations, etc. It is very similar to other GPS spoofing apps with features like
To organise: (Free)
Change or fake GPS location on Android
Now that you have installed one of the apps mentioned above, here are the steps you need to follow for fake GPS location on your Android smartphone:
1. First, what you need to do Enable Developer Options. To do this, go to: Settings->About Phone and tap on “Build Number” 7 times. When done, “Congratulations! You are now a developer.”
2. Next, navigate to: Settings->Developer Options and scroll down and tap “Choose fake location app“.
note: If you are using an older version of Android, you will find the “Allow mock locations” option. Just enable it and run the fake location app.
3. Here, just choose fake location app you have uploaded. Then go to Settings->Location->Mode and “Device Only” option to make sure only the GPS on your device determines the location.
4. Then go to app, look for fake place you want and press play button It’s that simple to start faking your location!
You can check if the fake location is working via a map app like Google Maps.
SEE ALSO: 10 Best VPN Apps for Android
Change GPS location on Android with these steps
That was pretty simple, don’t you agree? So, install one of the Fake GPS apps on your Android smartphone or tablet, follow the steps and start downloading unavailable apps, prank your friends and more. Let us know in the comments section below if you encounter any roadblocks.