While Windows 10 now comes with the capture feature – and frankly, it works really well – there are times when you want to force a window to stay on top. The luxury of a full-size window cannot be overlooked, more so when using Chrome and when you need to jot down important details into your favorite note app. That’s why we offer you a simple guide to keep a window on Always on Top in Windows 10. The methods mentioned below work really well on Windows 10 and we are sure that these apps will work on older versions of Windows just like Windows. 8, 8.1, 7 and even XP. So without further delay, let’s get started.
Always Keep a Window on Top on a Windows PC
1. First of all, download this tiny app called. TurboTop (Free). It’s a free utility and works really well with all kinds of Windows programs.
2. Then install the program on your Windows 10 computer. After the installation is complete, find the app in the System Tray.
3. Now click on it and the application will display all active windows on your computer. For example, I opened Chrome, a Notepad file, and other applications. Now, just choose the app You want to force it to stay on top and there it is. For your information, you can put multiple windows in Always On Top mode.
4. The selected app will stay on top whatever app you use. If you want to disable force-pinning, simply open the program from the system tray and deselect the pinned program. This much.
Note: TurboTop runs automatically at system startup so you don’t have to turn it on manually every time. It will always be available in your system tray.
1. DeskPins is another intuitive utility that can help you keep a window Always on Top. Just open this page and download the free program. Her only 104KB in size and for good measure the app is open source.
2. Similar to TurboTop, DeskPins sits at the bottom of the system tray. Click on it and your mouse pointer will become a pin. You may need to start the program manually for the first time.
3. Now only click on the window You always want to be on Top and that’s it. This is pretty easy, right? You can do this for multiple windows.
4. And hover your mouse over the pin to remove the pinned window; cross button. Click on it and Always On Top will be disabled. You can also choose to remove the pinned app from the system tray.
Force a Window to Stay on Top
So you can keep a window Always On Top using a simple third-party utility. I like both the apps and the small footprint, but if you want a more intuitive solution, go for DeskPins. That way, you can keep Chrome or any other app Always on Top and work like a champ. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you want to know more about such Windows tips and tricks, stay tuned. Also, if you want to increase your productivity on Windows 10, follow our linked guide.