In October 2020, Snapchat followed in Instagram’s footsteps and finally added the option to add music to users’ Snaps and Stories. Originally limited to iPhones, Snapchat has finally brought this nifty feature to its Android app. So, if you’re new to Snapchat, read on to learn how you can easily add music to your Snapchat Story.
Add Music to Snapchat (2022)
Adding Music to Snapchat Stories from the In-App Audio Library
1. Open Snapchat and press the musical note icon from the right sidebar of the camera viewfinder. Once the Snapchat audio page appears, you can: Choose a music title from the “Featured” section or search for the music you are looking for using the search box.
2. After selecting the music, you will see the adjustable slider to select the exact part You want to use it in your Snap. Once done, place the music widget anywhere on the image and hit “Send” to share the Snap with your friends or hit the “Story” button to add your photo or video to Snapchat Story.
How to Create and Use Your Own Voice on Snapchat
If the music you want to use is no longer in the in-app sound library, you also have the option to use your own sounds on Snapchat. To do this, you need to record the sound and create the sound you want to use in Stories. We have detailed the process here, so follow these steps:
1. First tap on the note icon from the right sidebar and switch to “My Sounds”. Here, Tap “Create Sound” To record a new sound to use on Snapchat.
2. Now record the audio and tap the stop button when you’re done. Next, name the sound and Press the “Record Audio” button at the bottom of the screen to save.
3. If you want other Snapchat users to be able to use your recorded voice (or original music), you can choose to make it public. All you have to do for this is “Make this sound public?” Activate the option. transitionEnter the name of the voice next to your username and press the “Record Audio” button.
4. You can now return to “My Sounds” at any time to use these sounds in your Snapchat Stories or Snaps.
How to Share Music from Spotify to Snapchat Stories
If you’re interested in sharing music from streaming services like Spotify to Snapchat, you can do that too. Follow the steps below to learn how it works:
1. Open Spotify and go to the play screen. At that time, Tap the “Share” icon from the lower right corner of the screen. When the share page opens, Choose “Snapchat” and wait for the app to redirect you to the messaging app.
2. Once redirected to Snapchat, you can choose to send it as a Snap to someone or add the song to your Story. And similar to how you can share your favorite music from Spotify to Instagram Stories, that’s all on Snapchat.
Use Music in Snapchat Stories
That’s all you need to know about how to add music to your Snapchat photo/video messages or Stories. For more such tips, check out our article on the best Snapchat tips and tricks. By the way, if you’d rather use Instagram instead, check out our article on adding music to Instagram posts and sharing songs on Instagram stories. Also, let us know in the comments below if you are using any trusted third-party app to add music to Snapchat Stories to your public profile.