While the smart TV experience on the Fire TV Stick is pretty good, there are users who want a traditional experience, just like with STB boxes. No, I am not talking about installing Kodi and live TV addons. Amazon has brought a separate Live TV section where you can add free live TV channels and experience them in a scrollable, grid layout. And the best part is that some apps have already started making changes to accommodate the new timeline UI. If you want to add free live TV channels to Fire TV Stick and experience them in classic style, here are the steps you need to follow.
Add Free Live TV Channels on Fire TV Stick (2021)
Before we begin, let’s clear up a few points. Currently there are only a few apps that take advantage of the Live TV feature and they are apps mostly from USA. I tried using some Indian live TV apps like YuppTV, Voot and nexGTV but they didn’t show up in the live TV timeline. So if you are from the US, you can go ahead and try this feature without any problems.
1. There are many free live TV Apps like Sling TV, Pluto TV, Tubi TV and more. In this post, I will show you how you can add 36 free live TV channels from Sling TV on Fire TV Stick.
2. First, press the “Alexa” button on the Fire TV remote and say “Sling TV”. It will take you directly to the installation page. Click “download” to install the application.
3. After that open the app and login to Sling TV. If you do not have an account, you can Sign up for a free account from here. Note that you do not need to enter any card details during registration. Close the website immediately after signing up. You will have created your account.
4. Now, go back to Fire TV Stick. Go to Settings and “Live TV“.
5. Here, “Sync Resources“.
6. Now, “hanger tv“.
7. After that, go back and say “Manage Channels“.
8. Here, click on “Sling TV” and voila. You will be find all live TV channels Presented by Sling TV in a timeline UI on your Fire TV Stick. Pluto TV, Red Bull TV etc. You can also add other apps like this.
Enjoy Free Live TV Channels on Fire TV Stick
This was a short guide on how to add and manage free live TV channels on Fire TV Stick. If some apps are not showing in the Source List, I recommend restarting your Fire TV Stick. In case some live TV apps are not available in your region, you can learn how to install third-party apps on Fire TV Stick. I think this feature makes the Fire TV a better competitor to stock Android TV. Anyway, that’s it for us. If you found the article helpful, comment below and let us know.