If you constantly share images with others using Gmail, you may want to stop adding images and start adding them directly to your email. This allows you to write some text, add your image and write more text. Not only does it look nicer, it’s easier for users to see your images without downloading attachments. By default you can’t attach images, but you can attach images to a Gmail message by uploading a Lab.
How to Add a Picture to Gmail?
1. Visit Labs under Settings -> labs or click this link.
2. Scroll down until you see the Add Image lab. Click Activate.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the Gmail Labs page and save your settings.
4. Open a new message and click the picture icon added to your menu bar.
5. You can see the result above, but after clicking on the image icon a box will be shown allowing you to upload an image or link to an image online.
6. That’s it. When you want to add an image, you can follow the last three steps, but you will no longer need to enable the feature.