Apple Notes has come a long way since its release. In iOS 14, the Notes app received more improvements. It now supports handwriting recognition, copy and paste of handwritten notes, offers awesome iOS 14 widgets and much more. As such, Apple has released many features for the Notes app in the past that users don’t know about. In this article, we will cover the note pinning feature that allows users to quickly access important notes. Here’s how you can pin notes in Apple Notes on iPhone and iPad.
Pin Notes in the Apple Notes App on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
Before continuing with this guide, be sure to check out our other guides on Apple Notes where we discuss features like locking individual notes in Apple Notes, accessing notes from the lock screen, sharing Notes app folders, and more.
Other than that, let’s move on to our tutorial, shall we? There are multiple ways to pin notes in Apple Notes, and we’ll cover them all below. So launch the Apple Notes app and let’s get started.
Pin a Note in the Apple Notes App on iPhone and iPad
1. The easiest way to pin a note on Apple Note, swipe left to right on a note. You can swipe all the way or swipe halfway to pin the note and then tap the pin icon.
2. You can also pin a note like this: touching and holding a note Open the context menu with (Haptic Touch) and select the “Pin Note” option.
3. To pin an open note, tap the three-dot menu in the top right and then tap the “Pin” button.
Pin a Note in the Apple Notes App on Mac
1. To pin a note on Mac, swipe left to right on note with two fingers. Just like on the iPhone, you can swipe all the way or stand in the middle and then tap the pin icon.
2. You can also pin a note by selecting it and then Going to File -> Pin Note.
3. The final way to pin a note on Mac is: right-clicking on the note and selecting Pin Note.
Pin Notes on Top in the Apple Notes App on iOS and macOS
As you can see, both iPhone (iPad) and Mac offer three different methods to pin a note. You can use any of the above methods you remember to pin and unpin a note. The easiest for me to use and remember is to swipe from left to right on a note. Let me know your favorite method by writing in the comments below.