Stop Websites Mining Cryptocurrencies on Desktop (or Laptop) Computers
On desktop (or laptop) computers, you can use browser extensions to block cryptocurrency mining by websites. The best way to do this is to use something other than the default browsers on Windows or Mac, as it doesn’t have the kind of powerful snap-ins found in Safari, Edge or IE, Firefox, Chrome or even Opera. In this case, we will be using Google Chrome for today’s demo.
- Download open source no coin extension from the Chrome Web Store by clicking the blue ‘Add to Chrome’ button in the top right.
- You will immediately receive a notification that the extension has been successfully added to Chrome.
This much! The extension will come pre-configured and will start working right out of the box, so you don’t have to worry about changing the default settings. As long as you use Chrome on your computer to browse the web, you are now safe from malicious crypto miners.
Note: As mentioned earlier, No Money for Firefox, Chrome and Opera. Although we demoed it using Google Chrome, you can download the No Coin extension for Firefox from Mozilla’s add-on store by clicking: this linkWhile Opera users can get from here.
If You Need to Use Safari, Internet Explorer, or Edge
If you absolutely need to use Safari, Internet Explorer or Edge on your device, you should install a privacy-focused browser extension like the one below. ghost it is available Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, Opera, Chromium and Firefox.
You can also install a reputable third-party anti-malware like Malwarebytes (Free) blocks most of these websites by default. The software is available at: Windows, Match and Android.
Stop Websites From Mining Cryptocurrency On Android Smartphones And Tablets
- Run Google Chrome and menu option (three dots at top right) and Settings.
Option 2: Install Browser Extension (Firefox Only)
Google Chrome does not support extensions on mobile devices, so use Firefox To stop websites from mining cryptocurrencies on your Android device.
- Download Firefox From the Play Store if you don’t have it on your device yet. Now fire up and no coin List page on the Firefox Add-ons site.
- Tap blue now add to firefox Press the button to download the software. You may need to give permission for the installation to complete.
That’s it, guys! The plugin works out of the box without any manual input. If you want to remove it, tap on it. menu button > Add-ons > No Coins and select the Uninstall option at the bottom.
Stop Websites Mining Cryptocurrencies on iOS Devices (iPhones and iPads)
- go Settingsscroll down a bit and tap on Safari.
Option 2: Install Content Blocker
- Download and install 1Blocker (Free, with in-app purchases) on your iPhone/iPad. Go now Settings > Safari > Content Blockers.
- Activate 1Blocker like this: tapping the toggle switchotherwise the software will not work.
Now open and activate 1Blocker Block Followers. But for this you will have to turn off the default ‘Block Ads’ settings because in the free version you can only enable one category. Of course, you can pay $4.99 to get the full version that will let you activate all the categories at once.
After enabling the ‘Block Followers’ category, you can use the app in its default settings as all known sites running crypto mining code are blocked by default.
SEE ALSO: Songs.pk Makes a Surprising Comeback with Bitcoin Miner Script in Tow
Stop Websites From Executing Malicious Crypto Mining Code On Your Device
Websites, like any other business, need to make a profit, so trying to find innovative new revenue streams is completely understandable. However, secretly running crypto stream mining codes on the devices of unsuspecting visitors is definitely not the right way to go. If you don’t want to be an unwitting victim of these dangerous sites, try the above-mentioned methods on your device to make sure no one else is using your device for cryptocurrency mining.