Have you just changed the mobile phone and noticed that your old SIM card no longer fits the new model? If you have a miniSIM card (the largest) but want to switch to a microSIM or nanoSIM, don’t panic, you can do it yourself!
Why do you say cut the SIM card? It’s just a matter of responding to a certain impatience. Some users want to use their new smartphones right away. For example, if you received one as a gift for Christmas but you don’t have the corresponding SIM card, this may save you from waiting for the carrier to send you a new card. It also allows you to save on queues in the store. Only your dexterity will make the difference here.
Warning : you are doing this manipulation knowing the risks involved and Moyens I/O or the editor is not responsible for any problems you may encounter. We provide the method, but you are responsible for the use. We insist that this maneuver involves risks for your SIM card.
How to convert a SIM card to nano-SIM with a pair of scissors?
To avoid going blind and end up with an unusable SIM card, follow these steps carefully:
- Download the cutting plan presented here by the iClarified site
- Print plan 100% on A4 paper
- Put your SIM card in the correct scheme with double sided tape (depending on what you want)
- Draw lines with ruler and pencil
- Cut the SIM card carefully following the lines (remember this is the most delicate step)
- Lightly sand the edges with sandpaper
If you follow these steps correctly and be careful, you should be fine. If you need to cut off a small piece of the yellow chip, don’t worry, that shouldn’t prevent it from working. For those who want to switch from a smaller SIM model to a larger SIM model instead, I know there are adapters.
- Also read: How to easily unlock your Android smartphone?
Let us know if you’ve already done the manipulation like MacGiver and whether it was a success or a bitter failure. Again, if you have any doubts about your precision, equipment or skill, abstain!