Note: Unlike people who participate in the Galaxy Beta Program, you will not receive notifications for OTA updates of the latest versions, you will have to manually install them yourself to take advantage of them.
Disclaimer: The firmware presented here is a beta version provided by Samsung. Neither the author of this tutorial nor Moyens I/O can be held responsible for any problems that may arise. Don’t forget to take a full backup of your phone before you start.
How to install Android Nougat on your Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Backup all your smartphone data
- To organise Samsung USB drivers on your PC
- Download and unzip Odin_V3.12.3.zip file
- Download and zip:
- For Galaxy S7: this file
- For Galaxy S7 Edge: this file
- Close Samsung Kies
- Have your smartphone battery 70% or higher
- Start Odin3 v3.12.3 in administrator mode
- turn off your phone
- Put your phone in download mode: press the keys simultaneously Volume Down + Home + Power then Volume Up
- Connect your PC phone using a USB cable
- In Odin, the box above ID: COM must be colored
- In Odin, select the ROM files to add in the corresponding boxes:
=> In BL: BL_G930FXXU1ZPK4_CL9658725_QB11446888_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
=> In PA: AP_G930FXXU1ZPK4_CL9658725_QB11446888_REV00_user_low_ship_meta.tar.md5
=> On PC: CP_G930FXXU1ZPK1_CL9658725_QB11422261_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
=> In CSC: CSC_OXA_G930FOXA1ZPK4_CL9658725_QB11446888_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- in Odin, boxes Auto Restart and F. Reset Time should be checked. On the other hand, box Repartition should not be checked.
- click button Beginning to start the installation
- All you have to do is wait and your phone will restart on its own.
- Optional: Reset your phone once before you start using it. To do this, go to: Settings > General management > Reset > Reset all data.
That’s it, you’ve now tested the beta version of Android 7.0 Nougat on the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge! Since this is a beta, you may encounter some logical bugs while using it. That’s the price to pay for testing new features of Samsung’s future interface.
Find more Samsung tips and tutorials on our Android forum