When you have a ton of passwords to manage, it’s human to forget one. And we’ve all been through this annoying situation at some point, right? Well, if you forgot your Apple Watch passcode and are looking for reliable ways to reset Apple Watch passcode without losing any data, we have you covered with this detailed guide. Without further ado, let’s get straight to the point to restore your Apple Watch’s passcode!
Two Ways to Reset Apple Watch Passcode (August 2021)
Before going through the relevant steps, you should note a few important things. As always, you can use the table below to quickly jump from one section to the next.
How Does Resetting Apple Watch Passcode Work?
If you somehow forgot your Apple Watch passcode, don’t worry. Apple provides an official way to reset Apple Watch passcode. So you don’t need to use any expensive third-party software to recover the password on your watchOS device.
Note that it requires you to delete existing content and settings on the Apple Watch. This means that after the reset is complete, you will need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone and set up the wearable all over again. You don’t have to worry about incompatibility as this feature has been around since watchOS was released.
Whether you have the old 1st generation Apple Watch or the brand new Apple Watch 6, you can easily reset your smartwatch passcode.
How to Backup Apple Watch Before Deleting Data
Apple automatically backs up Apple Watch data to iCloud using the paired iPhone. The backup happens when the iPhone and Apple Watch are close to each other. So you don’t have to worry about manually backing up the data on your smartwatch. It also ensures that your data has an extra layer of protection against accidental loss.
You can use the backed up data from your iPhone to restore your Apple Watch, or even set up a brand new Apple Watch with the latest backup. This means that none of your data will be lost after resetting the Apple Watch passcode. It’s worth noting that when you back up your paired iPhone to your Mac/Windows PC, the backup contains your Apple Watch data. Therefore, when you set up a new iOS device and restore it from backup, the latest data of your smartwatch is also restored.
If you’ve set up an Apple Watch for a family member who doesn’t use an iPhone, keep in mind that Apple Watch data is backed up directly to iCloud, so you can get extra storage and other benefits by using the new iCloud+ subscription. anyway, here it is All the data contained in the Apple Watch backup:
- Application layout on home screen
- Application-specific data
- Watch face settings, including your current watch face, customizations, and order
- Dock settings
- General system settings including brightness, sound and haptic settings
- Health and Fitness data including history, rewards, Training and Activity calibration data
- Notification settings
- Playlists, albums, and mixes you sync with your Apple Watch
- Time Zone
- Siri Voice Feedback setting
As for what the Apple Watch backup doesn’t include, it’s listed here:
- Your Apple Watch passcode
- Bluetooth pairings
- Credit/debit cards you use for Apple Pay on Apple Watch
Method 1: Reset Passcode Directly from Apple Watch
The easiest way to reset the passcode is directly on your Apple Watch. To do this, simply follow the steps below:
1. First place your Apple Watch on the charger. Yes, this is a must and you should not remove the watch from the charger until you have completed the step below.
2. Next, Hold down the side button Then press and hold the Digital Crown until you see the “Erase all content and settings” option on the screen. Tap this option.
3. Next, tap on “.ResetTwice to remove the forgotten passcode and reset your Apple Watch.
Method 2: Reset Apple Watch Passcode Using Watch App on iPhone
If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode, you can also erase your Apple Watch using the Watch app on your paired iPhone. Follow the step-by-step process here:
- To start, watch app on your paired iPhone.
2. Now, “my watch” tab selected (if not already). Next, tap on “general“.
3. Next, scroll down to the bottom and tap on “.Reset“.
4. Next, tap on “.Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings”. Now a popup will appear warning you that it will wipe all media and data. Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings” to confirm your action.
After resetting, follow the linked guide to pair Apple Watch with your iPhone once again. Open the Watch app on your iPhone and follow the onscreen instructions on Apple Watch and iPhone to complete the pairing process. Along the way, you will have the option to set a new password. Make sure you remember this, otherwise you will have to wipe your smartwatch again.
Easily Reset Your Apple Watch Passcode
Please! So you can reset your forgotten Apple Watch passcode without losing important data. Especially when dealing with a problem of this magnitude, it is always better to have reliable official solutions. So, we have to thank Apple for offering multiple ways to fix the forgotten Apple Watch passcode issue. In the meantime, do you have any questions or feedback on this topic? If your answer is yes, be sure to let us know in the comments sections below.