For a long time there was a gap between PC/Mac versions of Chrome and those for Android and iOS. The mobile version of the Google browser really lacks extensions – but they are clearly visible on the computer. As a result, it is impossible to use HTTPS Everywhere, Nimbus or Keepa on a smartphone or tablet. Impossible ? unless you use Kiwi Browser : An alternative internet browser based on Chromium and WebKit and with its own extensions… but this one also lets you install any extension from the Chrome Store thanks to a trick. Don’t worry, we explain everything to you!
How to Install Chrome Desktop Extensions on Android Smartphone
note : it must be the Upsilon version (or higher) of the app. If this is not the case and/or the steps in this guide do not work for you, we recommend that you: Download the correct version directly from APK Mirror by clicking here.
- Open Kiwi Browser
- Type the following in the address bar chrome://extensions then press Login
- Enable developer mode in the blue banner as in the screenshot above
- then you can go http://chrome.google.com/webstore to install extensions just like you would in a browser
How to manage, enable and disable your extensions
Follow these steps:
- choose Extensions three vertical dots in the top right of the menu
- The page that appears will allow you to enable/disable each extension individually and remove them.
Did you know this trick with Kiwi Browser? What are you thinking ? Share your views in the comments!