Google continues to work OTA updates with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Many devices in the Nexus lineup now have access to it, with one notable exception. The Nexus 9 tablet still lacks it for some reason beyond our control. Anyway, find all the images here that let you enjoy now.
Please note that neither Moyens I/O nor the author of this article can be held responsible for any damage that may occur to your device.
- To read : Official Android 5.1, list of new features
Next to each model you will find the 5.1 update download link. Attention, your device must be in working condition to be able to install it. below the version specified in parentheses.
- on the same subject : Nexus 4 welcomes Android 5.1 Lollipop
For example, for Nexus 5, the file to be flashed to upgrade to version 5.1 will not be the same depending on whether your device is currently running version 5.0 or version 5.0.1.
- Nexus 4 (5.0.1 – 5.1) : mako LMY47O from LRX22C
- Nexus 5 (5.0 – 5.1) : LMY47D with hammer head from LRX21O
- Nexus 5 (5.0.1 – 5.1) : LMY47D with hammer head from LRX22C
- Nexus 6 (5.0.1 – 5.1) : shamu LMY47D from LRX22C
- Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi (5.0.2 – 5.1) : Nakasi LMY47D from LRX22G
- Nexus 7 2013 Wifi 5.1 (full picture) : razor LMY47O
- Nexus 7 2013 LTE (5.0.2 – 5.1) : razorg LMY47O from LRX22G
- Nexus 10 (5.0.1 – 5.1) : Mantaray LMY47D from LRX22C
- Nexus 10 (5.0.2 – 5.1) : Mantaray LMY47D from LRX22G
- Have the version mentioned above in parentheses
- Get Nexus not rooted
installing the update
- Download and install ADB Fastboot and available Android drivers in this link on your PC
- Insert the update zip file In ADB Fastboot folder
- Turn off your mobile phone and press the keys at the same time Power + Volume Down To reboot in bootloader mode
- Select the option using the volume control keys “Recovery mode”. Confirm your selection using the “Power” key
- Hold down the “Power” key and then press the “Volume Up” key
- choose option “Apply update from ADB” and confirm your choice with the “Power” key
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your PC
- Go to ADB Fastboot folder on your PC and start a command prompt (Shift key + Right click)
- Enter the following command followed by the name of the file you just downloaded
adb sideload nomdufichier.zip
- Once the update is complete, select Restart from the recovery menu.