While iOS 13 comes with a useful feature called “Low Data Mode” to reduce cellular data usage, it is not enough for those who have to deal with limited bandwidth. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to reduce cellular data usage on iOS. For example, you can set the Apple TV app to watch low quality videos and even track how much cellular/mobile data FaceTime is using on your iPhone. Just in case, if your bandwidth is a little tight and you’re ready to save every ounce of mobile data so it never runs out before the deadline, let me show you how you can easily track FaceTime data usage.
Track How Much Cellular Data FaceTime Uses
There are three ways to check how much data FaceTime uses. you can handle Using the Settings app, the Phone app, and the FaceTime app itself. Moreover, you can not only view the overall data used by Apple’s video/audio chat application, but also see how much data was consumed during a particular FaceTime video/audio call. As far as I can tell, it’s a clever way to prevent the app from swallowing too much data. Now that the conversation is over, let’s get started with the steps!
Control General FaceTime Usage from the Settings App
1. Start Settings app Tap Cellular/Mobile on your iPhone.
2. Now go to FaceTime and you will see how much data FaceTime consumes while using mobile data.
You should see the total cellular data usage just below the FaceTime app. There are a few things to keep in mind. first, he automatically resets when a new iOS version is installed on the device. Second, you can too Reset manually by tapping Reset Statistics.
Check FaceTime Usage Data in FaceTime App
If you want to check the data used during a particular call, just go to the FaceTime app.
1. Start FaceTime app on your iPhone. Now, tap on “me” button next to a person’s name.
2. At the top of the contact card, you should see: the total data used during the search along with the date and time.
See FaceTime Usage Data in the Phone App
Just like the FaceTime app, the stock Phone app lets you see the data used during a particular FaceTime video or audio call.
1. Start Phone app on your iPhone and last tab chosen. Now, find the person that says “FaceTime Audio/Video”. Then tap the “i” button next to the name/number.
3. Then you should see the date and time of the call and the total data used during the call.
Easily Browse FaceTime Cellular/Mobile Data Usage
That is all! So these are quick ways to track data usage of video or voice call. It can give you a fair amount of insight into the data consumption pattern of the FaceTime app, and it can help ensure that you don’t run out of limited bandwidth. Do you have any feedback? Mute the sound in the comments below.