This is definitely one of the most anticipated PC ports in video game history… which just made the fiasco even more glorious. After The Last of Us Part I was released on Steam, it soon became the subject of all kinds of jokes, as the game was riddled with bugs and performance issues. In the days that followed, Naughty Dog redoubled its efforts and regularly released patches to address issues noted by players one at a time.
Yesterday, the studio distributed the biggest patch to date for the game. Update 1.0.4 is really big: 25GB of data, that’s it. And for good reason: The release note is just as important, given all the issues this patch has fixed. In the menu, therefore, optimizations of CPU and GPU usage, crash removal, texture improvements and many other things.
Naughty Dog has released the final patch for The Last of Us Part 1
Here is the list of all possible optimizations with the latest update:
- In-game optimized CPU and GPU usage
- Improved texture fidelity and resolution in low and mid game graphics.
- Improved graphics fidelity in the game’s low graphics preset, water surfaces no longer appear black.
- Updated VRAM bar to more accurately display OS and application usage.
The patch also fixes many bugs and other crashes, here is the list:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when rendering shaders
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the main menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when dying after a fight.
- Fixed a crash where players could have longer wait times to load the game on first launch.
- Fixed an issue where skipping scenes during critical loading could cause the game to crash.
- Fixed the issue where the shader loading warning would not appear when restarting the game.
- Fixed Narrator reading values for locked settings; this may mean that the same locked settings are in effect.
- Fixed an issue where aiming while using the keyboard and mouse could increase camera sensitivity.
- Fixed translations of various menu options
- Fixed rangefinder reticle position for bow.
As you can tell, this latest update will greatly enhance your gaming experience. If you were hesitant to buy the latter after the discussion, now is the time to seduce yourself.