The release of the consumer version of Android 14 is imminent. In any case, Google will stick to its schedule and will introduce the new operating system for mobile devices at the Google I/O conference on May 10, 2023. Available to users from August 2023.
Testers have reported numerous issues since the first beta of Android 14 was released two weeks ago. This Android 14 beta 1.1 update is geared towards fixing these. In the menu of this distribution, No major improvement in terms of aesthetics. On the other hand, the fixes are quite plentiful.
Android 14 in beta 1.1 fixes many bugs
Here is a list of changes coming to Android 14, which the company has showcased on its Android Developers site.
- Wallpaper & Style app is finally working. THEM systematic crash problem solved when we want to change wallpapers.
- Unlocking via the fingerprint reader works normally. Some Pixel users have noticed that “fingerprint reader is present and can be configured but not working”. It shows the new lock icon but then instead of giving access to the phone, it shows the pattern unlock screen”
- The mobile operator’s name normally appears in the status bar.
- Fixed a major issue that prevented detection or activation of a SIM or eSIM card, preventing users from using their smartphones
- Some testers have found that the Smart Lock feature displays the wrong message when enabled. Fixed this minor interface issue
Android 14 beta 1.1 currently only works on Google’s latest smartphones namely Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5 and 5a, Pixel 6 and 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7 and 7 Pro. If you have one of these devices and are currently running the Preview Build of Android 14, this new update will be installed automatically in the next hours or days.
Source : android